Help Fund the Masjid – Appeal for Assistance with Rent
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Asalaamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
We pray this message finds you well and in the highest of eemaan.
Alhamdulilah the masjid has worked as hard as it can to become self-reliant. However with the huge and unprecedented growth in the community, then even more resources are needed to cover the equirements of a wide range and variety of attendees.
By Allah’s grace, we have invested a lot of funds in various areas of the masjid recently. This includes the prayer areas, entrances, roof, car park, spare rooms, heating systems, air conditioning systems, wudhu areas, and more. Qadr’ullah as a result we have fallen back in paying our rent with a lump sum now due to our landlord. Alhamdulilah may Allah bless the brother he has been very understanding and patient but we must pay him his due right, and we are short on funds to do so.
This opens up an excellent chance for everyone in our community to contribute to the upkeep of the masjid, and is a great way to show gratitude to Allah the most gracious and the most high for everything he has given us. Alhamdulilah the masjid looks after many people and provides much service to our community. Whether that’s the 250+ attendees of the various madrasahs; or the staff in the all areas; or the sisters who benefit from the Quran and Arabic classes, toddler classes and more; or the 3-400+ attendees for Jumua and 100+ attendees of classes.
So we ask everyone who benefits, and uses the masjid in anyway; whether on site or even online- for Allah’s sake, to help maintain it by paying off its bills, which essentially are the result of its thorough use by all of us. The reward is truly immense and potentially unmeasurable with Allah.
As Shaykh Ubayd (hafidhahullah) advised us to ask the people for funds, and that it was good because he said “your masjid is founded/run on the goodness (charity) of the good doers.” So we implore you as the Messenger (sallallahualayhiwasallam) implored the Sahabah and the women to give in charity for Allahs sake. And this is not for any one individual, but for the masjid, and the dawa it gives which is clear for all in the community to see; and those online as well.
We were £5,000 short – so have taken a loan of £5,000 to cover this; and need help paying this back. However this will only cover us up to what we had. Expanded efforts have meant an increase in regular outgoings. With our new dawa stall that is regular on site on Market Street (City Centre Manchester)– teaching and giving information out to non Muslims; as well as the huge number of families and children who need support- both with issues and in terms of their Islamic tarbiyyah during the weekdays and Saturdays- all of these and (various other factors) mean will continuously be running low on funds. We can prevent this shortfall in the long term, if we all work together and setup regular standing orders. Our projected shortfall a month is £800.
Alhamdulillah this is not much of a gap for us to bridge, if we all contribute. All it requires is for 40 people to setup a standing order for £20 per month. You can kick start this effort right now, by setting up a regular monthly donation from your bank account. This is easy, and means that you can donate a small amount regularly, and over time this willa accumulate into what we hope from Allah will be a huge reward. Our bank details for online or telephone banking details are:
- Account Name: Dar Ul Hadith
- Sort Code: 309542
- Account Number: 05570092
- Bank Name: Lloyds
- BIC CODE: LOYDGB21004
- IBAN NUMBER: GB19 LOYD 3095 4205 5700 92
Where does your Money go?
Your money goes to so many areas at the masjid, that it’s value will never be lost insha’Allah. The following is a list of areas donations are split over:
- The Masjid Building: The masjid is now fully using every aspect of its premises whereby we are often squeezed for space. This huge increased footflow and attendance requires maintenance, including cleaning and repair work. We also have to increase the number of bin collections (which are no longer free), as well as having external mainttenance work done. We sometimes have no space on jumua, and open up upstairs as an overflow. Further more the masjid provides the physical space needed to hold lessons in Islamic Topics. Currently we have a study on Sahih al Bukhari and had a themed lesson on Marriage and Divorce.
- Online presence: This includes the websites whcih have grown immensly in traffic and use, with 1000’s of users benefiting every day. We now have the following sites:
- Darulhadith.org.uk – offical site for the Charity
- Salaficentre.com – official site for the Salafi Da’wah in Manchester, including over 3,000 articles in every possible category; including information on the da’wah here, and generally. It also houses all our news for masjid.
- LearnAboutIslam.co.uk – official audio site for all our lectures and shared audio site for any maraakiz, small pockets of Salafis who have lectures, and want to post them out so everyone can benefit. The site currently includes over 1000 audios by various teachers and scholars also.
- SalafiSchool.co: Website for the Saturday School and for The Qur’an School, with soon to be released Children’s Islamic Studies – free for all to download and learn from.
- SunnahRadio.net: Website for our radio station that includes live broadcasts. And shared broadcast site for any of the Salafis who would like to use it to spread the da’wah. In the past year or two we have had lectures broadcast in many places including Bolton, Liverpool, Leeds, Loughborough, Oxford, Nelson, Woolwhich London, Stoke on Trent and more…
- Tuitionclub.org: Website for assissting Home Schooling parents, with tutors.
- Dawah stall: Weekly da’wa stall in Manchester City Centre, with free leaflets, CD’s and Islamic Literature. Calling to Islam, free of extremism and educating both the muslims and non-muslims. Twitter: @CCDawahMCR
- Quran school: A madrasah teaching children how to read and recite the Qur’aan – now with over 160 children attending and approximately 20 teachers (may Allah reward them).
- Saturday school: A madrasah teaching children how to read and recite the Qur’aan; the Correct Islam free of Shirk, bid’ah and extremism, The Arabic language so that they can understand both the Qur’an and Hadeeth, and the speech of the scholars. Alhamdulillah we now have over a 160 children attending and approximately 20 teachers (may Allah reward them).
- The Home School Tuition club: With tutors helping home schooled children both on site and via online tutoring.
- Adult classes – We have many Adult classes in both Qur’an and Arabic; for both women and men.
- Mother and Baby Club: A chance for sisters to come and socialise, and share information on raising children, whilst also giving the children a safe halaal environment to play in.
It is easy to donate to any or all of these things via online banking. All you need to do is setup a payment on your mobile banking app,
Alternatively you can donate via Paypal if that’s easier. Please note however that Paypal do take a portion of fees for charities, so it would be better if you donated via online banking.
You can also easilly donate by clicking here: https://paypal.me/salaficentre
We ask that Allah grants us tawfique to earn his reward, and the baseerah (foresight) to see and understand the value of contributing to a masjid. The Messenger of Allah (sallalahualayhiwasallam) said: “whoever builds a masjid for Allah’s sake; Allah builds for him a House in Jannah.”
If you are unable to donate, then you can still help! Spread this message to everyone you know. Explain to them the benefits of Charity and giving to a masjid for Allah’s sake. As the Messenger of Allah (SallAllahualayhiwasallam) said “Allah has said “O’ Son of Aadam, Spend (On Charity and Righteous Causes) and I will spend on you.”” You can even spread the following donation picture:
May Allah protect you, reward you all and increase your reward; replacing what you give with more and more.